Truly handcrafted gin from an independent family distillery
Rock Rose Original Gin
Rock Rose Gin gets its wonderful flavour from a carefully selected and put together the creation of local and traditional botanicals. Each one is meticulously chosen for its flavour properties to create the perfect taste.
After fifty-five experiments by Martin & Claire, the final recipe was chosen to give a wee taste of Caithness and the very first batch was distilled on the 17th August 2014.
Paddington’s Negroni Sour Cocktail
- 35ml Rock Rose gin
- 35ml Sweet red Vermouth
- 35ml Campari
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Seville orange marmalade
- 1 Egg white
- Dash of Angostura bitters (optional)
- Garnish: Twisted orange peel or slice of blood orange
- Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with no ice for 20 seconds
- Add a cup of cubed ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into one of our beautiful glasses
- Garnish with twisted orange peel or a slice of blood orange when in season
Tasting notes by the distiller
A delicate bouquet of rose, mixed with deeper cardamom and a touch of citrus.
Fruity berries merge with a floral nose to give a full-bodied, rounded gin. Bright notes ping as the juniper comes forward.
The sharpness of the sea buckthorn emerges, but once again is rounded off by berries and a juniper heart.
Best Scottish Gin Distillery 2019
Gold Medal Best Scottish Gin
Silver Medal Best Gin