Tasting notes by the distiller
A delicate bouquet of rose, mixed with deeper cardamom and a touch of citrus.
Fruity berries merge with a floral nose to give a full-bodied, rounded gin. Bright notes ping as the juniper comes forward.
The sharpness of the sea buckthorn emerges, but once again is rounded off by berries and a juniper heart.
Best Scottish Gin Distillery 2019
Gold Medal Best Scottish Gin
Silver Medal Best Gin
Truly handcrafted gin from an independent family distillery
Rock Rose Original Gin
Rock Rose Gin gets its wonderful flavour from a carefully selected and put together the creation of local and traditional botanicals. Each one is meticulously chosen for its flavour properties to create the perfect taste.
After fifty-five experiments by Martin & Claire, the final recipe was chosen to give a wee taste of Caithness and the very first batch was distilled on the 17th August 2014.
Paddington’s Negroni Sour Cocktail
- 35ml Rock Rose gin
- 35ml Sweet red Vermouth
- 35ml Campari
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Seville orange marmalade
- 1 Egg white
- Dash of Angostura bitters (optional)
- Garnish: Twisted orange peel or slice of blood orange
- Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with no ice for 20 seconds
- Add a cup of cubed ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into one of our beautiful glasses
- Garnish with twisted orange peel or a slice of blood orange when in season